Given that I haven't played many contact sports or march high-velocity band drills in highschool, I figured I'd document my first concussion (in the thinning thick of it). It occurred about 3 hrs ago while wakeboarding and I think I didn't quite lean back enough after crossing/jumping the wake. It's a weird feeling because I keep trying to evaluate myself but know in the back of my head I've probably said the same thing 5 times to my ER resident friend Terry.
And I quote, "No, I will not give you dilaudid for your concussion."
This post is more of a 'try to type an intelligent post now and see how intelligent it really is once the fog has cleared'.
I think Terry also suffered a mild concussion because he keeps confusing my 6 feet of air with 6 inches of air.
It is a weird feeling to try to think "outside" the concussion, but still realize I'm repetitive and not as inciteful as I think I am being. Fortunately this thing occurred while on a boat with Dr. Scott Weiters, who apparently made me DNR/DNI.
So all that to say, it's comforting to know I'm with an ER resident, but still unusual to not be able to "think outside the situation".
Some things to verify once out of the cloud: It's Monday. I believe I talked to Kyle and Brandon today, left a message on Mark's phone, and learned how to fly a jumbo jet.
I'll leave it at that.
Future thanks to Dr. Terry Letsinger for his expert monitoring.
1 comment:
Welcome to your first concussion. You are now even with Mom, but way behind Dad.
Post a Comment