Sunday, February 1, 2009

In the pipeline for this year

1. I am five months away from finishing residency.

2. My sister is four months away from away from having her son. This means the Higgs name will live on, as long as that's his first name.
He will undoubtedly be awesome. His father is a bouldering criminologist. His mother is a satirical yet compassionate Jill of many trades, and his uncle is a clandestine ninja vigilante.
While on the subject of pregnancy, the phrase, "We're pregnant!", is medically inaccurate. I would allow, "We're going to have a baby!" (if 'have a baby' refers to possessing a baby, not birthing one), or, "My wife is pregnant and I helped!". For more of the medical details, wikipedia it.

(Addendum:  In reviewing some old blogs, I've apparently already commented on my views of joint pregnancies.  I apologize for the reruns.)




No comments: