Taking advantage of a light schedule this morning, I'm going to compile a top ten list of events in my 29th year, my best to date. These are in order of importance (at least the first few).
1. I started dating, proposed to, and married Sarah. Sarah's beauty, heart, humor, intelligence, and quirks are only made better by the fact she doesn't know how great she is.
2. Peyton Liam Harris was born. He is the best nephew, objectively, confirmed by the 2009 Consumer Report of relatives. You can visit him at hagblagblog.blogspot.com.
3. An addendum to #1. I got to spend time (ranging from a wave of acknowledgement to a few days) with my closest friends and family, inherited great new family, and with the help of a great pastor, helpful roommates, a patient wedding party and a few friends with golden pipes, pulled together an enjoyable and hopefully worshipful wedding and reception.
4. My formal medical training came to an end. Learning is for life, but logging 70-80 hrs of learning a week isn't.
5. One became two (but biblically one) then became four as Sarah and I adopted Fletcher and Larry, 5 month old lab-mix brothers from a Waco shelter.
6. We bought "Old Yellar", our 98 year old home.
7. I started a great job working at another Family Health Center Clinic in Waco.
8. A few good friend got married, one is getting mayoried, and three other will be married before the year is done.
9. Aggie football jumps back into the national title hunt.
10. Bobbleheads.
4 comments:
Post a Comment