Saturday, January 22, 2011

Airport hiccup

This blog will be real-time.

19/1/11 (That's Jan. 19th in this part of the world, not Februtober 1st.)

3:10pm- get in line to check in for our 5:10 flight from Cambodia to Australia. Feel good about our planning and promptness.
3:12- two Cambodian females get behind us in line and I realize how defensive of my space I've become after traveling around the everyone-for-themselves Mad Max streets of Phnom Penh.
3:12:10- they're now in front of us. Sarah apologizes for not defending her side of the line
3:13- the two girls try to check in through the business/first class line, get rejected and end up behind us again. Sweet justice.
3:30- get to the front and the ticket lady apologizes, saying she's having trouble finding our Australia visas on her computer. I explain to her that its only because we didn't get them. Half way through trying to reason with her that we didn't think we needed them as we'd only be there for a week, we realize the art of persuasion probably doesn't work in the matter of visas.
3:33- start calculate the cost of our lost hotel/airfare, new airfare fees. Stop the mental math as it doesn't seem to be helping things.
3:34- leave the line, Sarah confirms in the Lonely Planet guide book that you do indeed need visas for Australia, and to allow 2 weeks to get them.
3:35- google 'australia visas' on the laptop, fill out two forms for visa applications.
3:40- receive an approval email and attached PDF with our visas.

I initially credited airport wi-fi and Australia for this good fortune. I typically view my prayers as being answered over long periods of time and almost disregard God responding immediately to my requests. When he does clearly answer one of mine (or in this case, Sarah's), I'm initially oblivious to it. Good learning point.
There's a lot more to expound on this topic, but I'd basically be ripping of "A Praying Life", a very good practical book on prayer.



1 comment:

Julie P. said...

awesome! And I love "A Praying Life" I pray for all my parking spots now.