Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tagged

A pretty easy way to update my blog. I've been tagged by Christina Crenshaw, and thus am obligated to ...

... sorry, I had to just forward on a chainletter...

...answer the question. The topic is 'Favorite Songs in Different Genres'.

1. Rock and Roll- "One", by U2. Maybe not my favorite rock and roll song, or my favorite U2 song, but other than that, that's my correct answer.
2. Pop- "One", by U2. Bono hits some high "oooohhh ooooohh ooohh ooohh"s at the end, which also qualifies it for a pop song.
3. Country- Any U.S. truck commercial jingle. They almost make me want to buy American.
4. Alternative- Alternative to a song? I guess, a jig.
5. Christian- "Butterfly Kisses", no...that's exactly wrong. "Beautiful", Phil Wickham. I love the imagery and the atmosphere it sets with us being surrounded by God's greatness and glory.
6. Rap/ Hip Hop- "Can't Touch This", MC Hammer. Can't touch what? Is it the same thing that Meatloaf won't do for love? One of life's modern mysteries.
7. Classic- "Nimrod", Elgar's 'Enigma Variations'.
8. Christmas- A tie between "Now That's What I Call Christmas vol. I" and "Now That's What I call Christmas vol. 2".
9. Love- "The Hamster Dance". The love them is subtle, but once you find it, powerful.
10. Party- "The Hamster Dance".
11. Currently on air- a pretty limiting question, but I guess, "Walking on Sunshine", Aly & A.J.
12. You're pick- Church song medley. An update of the ol' Southern Baptist worship medleys: "The More I Seek You- Whole World in His Hands (Tim Hughes)- How Great is Our God (Chris Tomlin)- He Reigns (Newsboys). A slow building medley from our desire for intimacy with Jesus to His glory.

2 comments:

The Crenshaws said...

a. Finally!

b. Why do you know who Ally and AJ are?

c. You are still an odd, odd man.

You are suppose to tag other bloggers to keep this post going, but b/c this tag is lame, it can die right here.

:)

Carson said...

Ally and AJ are the only one's who wrote a song about being on air, other than 'Elevate' by U2, I guess.