In the spirit of writing blogs postcall (in hopes to stop being friends and start being real):
1. There's a fine line between GENIUS and GENUS.
2. Thoughts beginning with "If only..." must have been first used by people believing in reincarnation. Otherwise, they are futile.
3. I'm reading 'Celebration of Discipline' and got a lot out of the chapter titled 'Celebration of Simplicity'. (As a side note, I had to first read the prequel 'Celebration of the Discipline of Finishing a Book'. Fortunately, the majority of the points were in the first chapter of the book).
He gives ten main points on simplicity. One is "fight the propaganda of modern gadgets." I nodded my head but then remembered the Treo in my left pocket and iPod video in my right. The odd thing is that I bought both of them to "simplify" my life. Have a phone that also holds a bunch of medical reference material, and a portable music player so I don't have to carry a fanny pack full of cassettes and CDs. I feel like I need them both now, but I can still remember being 20 and very sufficient without any cellphone at all. Of course, in a few years I'll probably look back at the time I was completely fine without Guitar Hero XII. All that to say, I agree with the need for simplicity and am giving away my fanny pack. This will also be my last blog. The rest I'll send out on parchment paper.
It is a good book. Every chapter revolves around one discipline in a perfect relationship with Christ and is very practical and biblically based. Who doesn't need discipline?
4. As of January 1, I am officially on the downhill half of residency. That is neat.
2 comments:
actually, in a few years you will be looking back and remembering how many cell phones you have lost over that period
hey man, you don't know me (i know people who know you, your moniker is dr mcdreamy or something, right?) but i followed a rabbit trail and happened on your blog. that picture of you pulling out the maggot from your leg was intense. sick for reals. glad resident life is lightening up for you. . .
Post a Comment