Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Danke

It's been a great year and a half. In the midst of my busiest schedule to date, I've been continually blessed by God. With recent events such as World Mandate and our church lifegroup retreat, I'm motivated to create a short thankful list.

Why I love the people of Antioch Community Church- to them, the Bible is not just a cookbook. Follow this; do this; whoa, don't do that...and you'll be ok. The Bible to them is one crucial way to furthering their relationship with God. It tells of the God they are seeking and thus is precious. This is just one reason of many, but short blogs are read more than long ones.

Why I love the people in my lifegroup- First, see above, as the lifegroup is part of the ACC body, say, the nanobody. Second, the retreat ran itself. All that the four leaders had to do was set a location and time. We also set up some activities, but without them, it still would have been a time where people initiated purposeful conversations with each other, worshiped, encouraged, repented, interceded. It was great. Again, there are many other reasons.

Why I love God- He is good. While this is something an 18 month old could mumble out, it is true and there is nothing more important. What person doesn't want something good? The last year and a half has been so great because God has transitioned me from trying to memorize the Bible's guide to baking the perfect, to using the Bible to seek and experience Him and His goodness. I'm still miles off but it is still sweet.

4 comments:

Jorge Sanchez said...

Thats awsome!

The Shepard's Banqueting Table said...

Wow~ Great summary of LG! You nailed it. God is completely moving in the group.

Paul and Becca said...

sounds like waco is treating you well. glad to hear it. hope to see you soon. if people prefer short blogs, you should see ours. especially since i often type with one hand and hold baby nate with the other.

Erin said...

Carson- this is Clark's wife. I just found your blog off phil and kathleen's and I'm so glad! Now Clark and I can feel as if we're keeping up with ya! Congrats on being halfway through residency - we'll be there in July!!!